Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chap Goh Meh in Tawau, my hometown

Hurray...finally my event tour is over. Just in time to reach home for Chap Goh Meh on 9th Feb 2009! My mum should be very happy to see me home.
My mum didn't cook, coz we have event and ceremony to attend. While my parents went to the temple for vegetarian dinner, i joined my relatives to attend an open house dinner.
I am not sure how many of you notice that the moon is perfectly round and bright in the sky. So beautiful!

After the dinner, i joined my mum in the temple as mum called to say that the God of Fotune is giving away angpao. This year, i received a lot of angpaos!!The impersonated God of Fortune looks so familiar to me. Oh ya, he is my father. I didn't stay long in the temple until my parents finish their duty for Chap Goh Meh ceremony. So i asked them to join us in Nostalgia cafe later.

They seem so hungry. Ask them why? They said, they are busy with the ceremony, and didn't really have their dinner.
The following night, we have seafood together at Kam Ling Seafood Restaurant.





Address:

Kam Ling Seafood Restaurant

No.25 Sabindo Seaside Food Stall

Tel: 019-8832511

1 comment:

Richard Ker said...

Nice posting! I'd like to share a new Tawau website for those who wish to know more about Tawau http://www.discovertawau.com