Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bangkok trip, Oct 2008

Thailand politic crisis turns bloody, where more than 100 people were wounded including two protesters who had parts of their legs blown off by what police said was exploding tear gas canisters.

When most of the people are afraid of the Bangkok's unstable politic and security, i still dare to go!

Woke up early morning to catch a fly to Bangkok for meeting. MAS is serving a light meal box onboard since Aug 2007. Frankly speaking, the food is really can't raise my appetite eventhough i know that i need to gain energy for a busy schedule in Bangkok later on. Yet, sorry for wasting the food.


After landed at the Suvarnabhumi International airport, the Thailand Operation Director fetched me and headed to the hotel for site meeting. After the meeting, the Hotel Catering Director treated us with a buffet lunch. I regained my energy with so many sumptuos food on the buffet line.
I didn't try every single food, except those that i fancy, for example, salmons, fresh oyster, prawns and dessert. When others were busy dining, where else i were busy taking photos.



After lunch, my schedule continued with three meetings from 2pm onwards til 6pm non stop. I can't understand Thai, but luckily most of them can speak simple english.

My hunger pangs almost kill me. After 7pm, we went for dinner at MK Restaurant. The Vice President suggested to eat steamboat. Actually, i don't really like steamboat cz it's too troublesome.


Gone through the menu, i just simply pointed at some of the pictures, mostly seafood. What i knew is-- i'm really hungry!!


While waiting for our orders to arrive, the waiter was already boiling the water for us. Once the orders arrived, we can just put everything into the hot boiled water.


See what we had ordered for 3 diners. It's actually more than enough!!The responsibilities of the waiters and waitresses are not limited to taking orders, they needs to entertain the patrons with a simple dance move for about 1 min. Accordingly to the locals, this restaurant is running on francaise basis and they are doing very well.

Guess how much is the bill? ...err.. it's about 780bht. Don't you think it's cheap?
To end of my busy day with an oil massage.
The following day, i started my day with a simple breakfast in the hotel. I prefered to have half boiled eggs and a bowl of soya bean (without sugar) or coco crunch/honey stars in the fresh milk.
There is a 7-11 right oppostite the hotel. It's convenience for me to grab my favourite Soy Milk. I love to drink this soy milk while i'm in Thailand. But this product is available in KL now.

After that, it was another busy day with the ground work preparations and meetings. After work, the Operation Director treated me with a sumptuos seafood dinner at Kuang Seafood Restaurant. Two of us ordered about 4 dishes.

We had crab in curry powder, squids, pineable fried rice, claypot prawn with grass noddles. The bill cost about 980bht.
I walked out about 11pm again to get an oil massage. This round the masseur lady is really good.

The third day, after i setttled most of my works, i excused myself in order to take a short walk (2hrs) before leaving to the airport.



These are the pictures that i took from one of the market near to the Sutthisan Subway station, exit 3. If you're an adventurous person, you will find Bangkok is an interesting place to visit. If you like shopping, Bangkok is the right paradise for you.

I can foresee that the food served onboard later will not suit my appetite, therefore i grabbed a hotdog and vanila shake first before entered the boarding gate.
Luckily, i had my hotdog cz like what i foresee there are two choices, 1st is the pasta with meat ball, and another one is the fried rice for dinner.
I need to go Bangkok again very soon to continue the event preparations. It looks like food trip more than a business trip, but instead, i spent most of the time working hard, but after work, i treated myself with various of the delicious local food.

No comments: